0164-2211377     /    Schoolofenglish.sea@gmail.com

Study in UK

England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland make up the United Kingdom (UK). There was a time when the East India Company and the British monarchy ruled over half the known world. The British had set up trading outposts and colonies, eventually leaving an English imprint on places as far as Australia, India and the West Indies. Today, Great Britain has a constitutional monarchy with Queen Elizabeth II, her royal majesty, still inspiring the people of the country.
But why study in the UK...

A Top-Choice amongst Asian Students

Institutions like the University of Oxford and University of Cambridge have stood the test of time and have continued to inspire and challenge students to become outstanding individuals and responsible citizens, with their excellent courses. The UK has a strong Asian community with people from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal.

Why it makes sense to opt for the UK/Study in the UK

• Still the very best for education in law, sciences, management and humanities.
• Has the finest research and teaching facilities.
• Students can find affordable housing options, and lots of student hostels and home-stays are available.
• A strong Asian community in the major cities in the UK.
• A degree from a reputed institution in the UK will enhance your CV.
• A number of scholarships are offered by numerous organisations and Universities.
• The option to work part time and gain valuable work experience is a big plus.
• Meritorious students can progress to a doctoral course and conduct research.

Top University's

In the latest QS World University Rankings, four institutions from the UK feature in the top-10 list. These are as follows:
1. University of Cambridge - 3rd position internationally
2. University of Oxford - 6th position internationally
3. University College London (UCL) - 7th position internationally
4. Imperial College London - 8th position internationally
5. University of Manchester
6. University of Nottingham
7. University of Edinburgh
8. Durham University
9. University of Sheffield
10. University of Warwick
Though the USA still rules the roost with institutions in the top-10 list; institutions from the UK are going equally strong. Going by recent trends, many Asian students are applying to study in institutions like Bangor University, University of Edinburgh, University of Dundee and the University of Glasgow. This trend is also linked to the fact that these cities are less expensive when compared to living in London, Birmingham or Leeds.

General Student Visa


You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:

• have been offered a place on a course
• can speak, read, write and understand English
• have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
• are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
• meet the other eligibility requirements
There will be no change to the rights and status of EU nationals living in the UK, nor UK nationals living in the EU, while the UK remains in the EU.

When to apply

The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before you start your course.
You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. You can check visa processing times for your country.


It costs £335 to apply for this visa from outside the UK.
You must pay £335 per person for any dependants.
You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.

How long you can stay

You can arrive in the UK before your course starts:
• up to 1 week before, if your course lasts 6 months or less
• up to 1 month before, if your course lasts more than 6 months
How long you can stay depends on the kind of course you’re doing and what study you’ve already completed.

What you can and can’t do

You can:
• study
• work as a student union sabbatical officer
• apply from inside or outside the UK
• apply to extend your stay
• work in most jobs - depending on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have

You can’t:
• get public funds
• work in certain jobs, for example professional sportsperson or sports coach
• study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school)
You may be able to bring in family members (dependants).